I am still struggling to paint orange. In my procrastination, I found myself cleaning paintings. Then I decided to oil-out some paintings that looked wonky. It felt great to clean up the work. I don’t have a show for a couple weeks. Hopefully, these will be dry by then. I also varnished some pieces.

I am using a matte varnish. I love the glossiness of traditional Damar varnish but it is difficult to get good pictures. The glossy finish causes problems getting the studio lighting to accurately reflect the light. I will continue to finish them with matte varnish. Mostly yo protect the paintings from dust and dirt. If any of you have a better solution please, please share.

Meanwhile, continuing on with the saffron theme I painted this English muffin with marmalade and knife.

Marmalade,  12×12, oil on panel (work in progress)

Thank you for reading.

My best,
Emily Warren


emilywarrenart.com
www.instagram.com/emmywahwah/
www.saatchiart.com/emilywarren

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: